2009 - present : Reader in Evolutionary Ecology, Queen Mary, University of London.
2008 - present: Extraordinary Professor, Department of Zoology & Entomology, University of Pretoria.
1998 - 2009 : Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Molecular Ecology & Evolution, Queen Mary, University of London.
1990-1998: Post-doctoral Research Scientist then Research Fellow at the Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London.
1987-1990: PhD "Social Suppression of Reproduction in The Naked Mole-Rat, Heterocephalus glaber". Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London/University College London.
1984-1987: Research Project Leader, Dalgety UK Ltd.
African mole-rats: Ecology and Eusociality now available in paperback. Link to Amazon / Cambridge University Press
Click on highlighted areas for further information.
1. The evolution of sociality and biodiversity in the African mole-rats, Family Bathyergidae (In collaboration with Professor N.C. Bennett, University of Pretoria).
2. Genetics and comparative genomics of social behaviour and adaptations to life underground (In collaboration with Professor N.C. Bennett, University of Pretoria, Professor Steve Rossiter, Queen Mary, University of London & Professor Clive Coen, King's College London).
3. MHC gene evolution, parasites and social behaviour in African mole-rats & (In collaboration with Professor N.C. Bennett & Dr Heike Lutermann, University of Pretoria).
4. Neurobiology of social behaviour (In collaboration with Professor Clive Coen, King's College London).
Some previous projects
5. Genetic studies of wild common marmoset monkeys (In collaboration with Dr M.F. Arruda and Professor M.E. Yamamoto, University of Natal, Brazil; Dr M.A.O. Da Cruz, Rural University of Pernambuco, Brazil).6. Molecular ecology of Round Island petrels (In collaboration with Professor Richard Nichols and Ruth Brown, QMUL, Dr Carl Jones and Vikash Tatayah (Fauna Manager and PhD student), Mauritius Wildlife Foundation, and Dr Bill Jordan, Zoological Society of London.
7. Molecular ecology of UK small mammals (With Professor John Gurnell, QMUL).
Contact Chris Faulkes:
School of Biological Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK. Tel. 020-7882 3018; Fax 020-8882 0973; e-mail email@example.com.
Return to SBS Homepage