in prep/under review
- Neophytou, K., Manouilidou, C., Stockall, L., and Marantz, A. Processing of lexical category and argument structure information in deverbal adjectives: An MEG study on Greek. (under review)
- Stockall, L., Manouilidou, C., Neophytou, K, Gwilliams, L., and Marantz, A. Prefix Stripping Re-re-visited: MEG investigations. (in prep)
- Gaston, P., Stockall, L., Van Wagenen, S. and Marantz, A. Long-lag Affix Priming. (in prep)
- de Leeuw, E., Stockall, L, Gorba Masip, C. and Lazaridou-Chatzigoga, D. Illusory vowels in Spanish-English late bilinguals: The accurate production of ‘sport’ instead of ‘esport’ is not determined by the accurate discrimination of this contrast. (in prep)
- Lazaridou-Chatzigoga, Dimitra, Katsos, Napoleon, and Stockall, Linnaea. Generic and Universal Generalisations: Contextualising the ‘Generic Overgeneralisation’ Effect. In Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, London: UK: Cognitive Science Society, pp. 724-729.
- Lazaridou-Chatzigoga, Dimitra, Stockall, Linnaea, and Katsos, Napoleon. A new look at the ‘Generic Overgeneralisation’ effect Inquiry. DOI: 10.1080/0020174X.2017.1285993
- Lazaridou-Chatzigoga, D., Katsos, N. and Stockall, L. Genericity is easy? Formal and experimental perspectives. RATIO, 28:4. doi: 10.1111/rati.12116.
- Vejdemo, S., Levisen, C. van Scherpenberg, C., Guðmundsdóttir Beck, Þ. Næss, Å., Zimmerman, M., Stockall, L. & Whelpton, M. Two kinds of pink: development and difference in Germanic colour semantics. Language Sciences. doi: 10.1016/j.langsci.2014.07.007
- Manouilidou, C. and Stockall. L. Teasing apart Syntactic Category vs. Argument Structure Information in Deverbal Word Formation: a comparative psycholinguistic study. Italian Journal of Linguistics, 26:2..
- Bachrach, A., Roy, I. and Stockall, L. Structuring the Argument: multidisciplinary research on verb argument structure. John Benjamins. doi: 10.1075/lfab.10
- Bachrach, A., Roy, I. and Stockall, L. Argumenting the structure. in Structuring the Argument: multidisciplinary research on verb argument structure. eds. A. Bachrach, I. Roy and L. Stockall. John Benjamins.
- Stockall, L. and Husband, E.M. Building Aspectual Interpretations Online. in Cognitive Science Perspectives on Verb Representation and Processing. Manouilidou, C. and de Almeida, R. eds., Springer.
- Stockall, L. and Husband, E.M. Processing (the) events: lexical and structural ingredients of inner aspect in Connectedness: Papers by and For Sarah VanWagenen. UCLA Working Papers in Linguistics.
- Schütze, C. and Stockall. L. (eds.). Connectedness: Papers by and For Sarah VanWagenen. UCLA Working Papers in Linguistics.
- Fruchter, J., Stockall, L., and Marantz, A. MEG masked priming evidence for form-based decomposition of irregular verbs Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 7:798. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2013.00798
- Lazaridou-Chatzigoga, D. and Stockall, L. Genericity, exceptions and domain restriction: experimental evidence from comparison with universals. In Proceedings of Sinn und Bedeutung 17, E. Chemla, V.Homer and G. Winterstein (eds.), ENS Paris, 325-343.
- Stockall, L. and Morris, J. Early, equivalent ERP masked priming effects for regular and irregular morphology. Brain and Language. 123:2, 81-93. doi: 10.1016/j.bandl.2012.07.001
- Pollatsek, A., Drieghe, D., Stockall, L. and de Almeida, R. (2010) The Interpretation of Ambiguous Trimorphemic Words in Sentence Context. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review. 17(1), 88-94. doi: 10.3758/PBR.17.1.88
- Stockall, L. and Marantz, A. (2006) A single route, full decomposition model of morphological complexity: MEG evidence. The Mental Lexicon.1:1, 85-123. doi: 10.1075/ml.1.1.07sto
- Stockall, L. Stringfellow, A. and Marantz, A. (2004) The precise time course of lexical activation: MEG measurements of the effects of frequency, probability and density in lexical decision. Brain and Language. 90:1-3, 88-94. doi: 10.1016/S0093-934X(03)00422-X
- Ko, H. Wagner, M., Stockall, L., Kouider, S., and A. Marantz, (2004). Form vs. Meaning in Visual Word Recognition: An MEG study using Masked Priming. In Halgren E, Ahlfors S, Hämäläinen M. & Cohen D. (eds.) Biomag 14, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Biomagnetism, p 300.
- Stockall, L. and A. Marantz, (2004). The English Irregular Past Tense: MEG evidence for morphological decomposition. In Halgren E, Ahlfors S, Hämäläinen M. & Cohen D. (eds.) Biomag 14, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Biomagnetism, p 308.
- Stockall, L. (2004) Magnetoencephalographic investigations of morphological identity and irregularity. PhD thesis. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Return to top
- 2018, February. ‘Let’s think the unthinkable’: what our brains’ responses to impossible verbs can tell us about linguistic representation. Plenary Talk, ConSOLE 2018. UCL.
- 2017, November. Humpty Dumpty’s Problem: putting complex words back together again. Invited talk given at York University Linguistics Department Seminar Series.
- 2017, November. What our brains’ responses to *relaugh vs. *unlaugh might tell us about linguistic representation. Talk given at OASIS 0: Workshop, Paris.
- 2017, June. Un/Re-packing argument and event structure restrictions on affixation: MEG evidence from Greek and English. Plenary Talk given at vP – a postgraduate workshop, Cambridge University.
- 2017, June. with Dimitra Lazaridou Chatzigoga and Napoleon Katsos.
Exceptionality and Strikingness in the Acquisition of Generics. Talk at ‘The Generic Notebook: Current Approaches to Genericity‘. RUESHeL group, HU-Berlin.
- 2017, April. Undoing 'undo' and rebuilding 'rebuild': the neural bases of morphological composition
Talk given at Structures formelles du langage seminar series, CNRS Pouchet, Paris.
- 2016, October. Humpty Dumpty’s Problem: how we put complex words back together again..Invited talk given at University of Southampton, Department of Linguistics, CLLEAR Seminar Series.
- 2015, October. Humpty Dumpty’s Problem: putting complex words back together again. Invited talk given at McMaster University Linguistics and Languages Lecture Series.
- 2015, June. Humpty Dumpty’s Problem: putting complex words back together again. Invited talk given at the Centre for Research on Language, Memory and Brain, Montreal.
- 2014, October I saw, I unsaw, I resaw: doing and undoing morphology in real time. Invited talk given at Cambridge University, Linguistics Society Seminar Series.
- 2014, OctoberI saw, I unsaw, I resaw: doing and undoing morphology in real time. Invited talk given at Oxford University, General Linguistics Seminar Series.
- 2014, April. I saw, I unsaw, I resaw: how we access and make use of unconscious knowledge about morphemes in real time. Invited talk given at Manchester University, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
- 2013, May with Dimitra Lazaridou-Chatzigoga. Do (all) tigers have stripes? Experimental evidence on generic bare plurals and universals. Poster given at Euro-XPRAG London Master Class, UCL.
- 2013, Jan. What I saw: early visual decoding of irregular word forms. Invited talk given at Southampton Centre for Visual Cognition.