School of Economics and Finance
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS
Tel: +44 (20) 7882 8852
Veneziani holds a Ph.D. in Economics
from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences. He is
Reader in Economics at
the School of Economics and Finance, Queen Mary University of London.
interests include topics of liberal principles of distributive justice,
axiomatic exploitation theory, macrodynamic models of growth
principles, distribution of resources between generations, sustainable
development, and normative principles in economics. He
interested in the history of economic thought and in political economy
He has published articles in a number of
outlets in economics (including the Journal of
Economic Theory, the
Economic Journal, the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social
Choice and Welfare, Macroeconomic Dynamics, and the
political science (including the British Journal
of Political Science, and the Journal
of Theoretical Politics),
and philosophy (including Economics and Philosophy, and Philosophy
of the Social Sciences). He has refereed for more than
different journals in economics, political science and philosophy.
is a co-founder of the Analytical Political Economy Workshop (together with Amitava K. Dutt, Simon
Mohun, Gil Skillman and Peter Skott) which has met
since 2007, and sits on the Editorial Board of Metroeconomica,
the Journal of Economic Surveys,
the Review of Social Economy,
and Studies in Microeconomics.
has collaborated with Jonathan Cogliano, Meghnad
Desai, Amitava K. Dutt,
Froehlich, Giorgos Galanis,
Mohun, Juan D.
Yoshihara, Luca Zamparelli.
Veneziani's RePec page
Veneziani's PhilPapers page
- “The dynamics of inequalities and unequal exchange of labor in
intertemporal linear economies”, joint with Giorgos Galanis and
Naoki Yoshihara, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, forthcoming.
- “A Classical Model of Education, Growth and Distribution”, joint with Amitava K. Dutt, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming.
- “Education and 'Human Capitalists' in a Classical-Marxian Model of Growth and Distribution”, joint with Amitava K. Dutt, Cambridge Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
- “The Liberal Ethics of Non-Interference”, joint with Marco Mariotti, British Journal of Political Science, forthcoming.
- Value, Competition and Exploitation, joint
with Jonathan Cogliano, Peter Flaschel, Reiner Franke, and Nils Froehlich, Edward Elgar, 2018. [Flyer, here. Electronic version (with some chapters freely accessible), here.]
- “Macroeconomic and Stock Market Interactions with Endogenous
Aggregate Sentiment Dynamics”, joint with Peter Flaschel, Matthieu
Charpe, Giorgos Galanis, and Christian R. Proano, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 91, 237-256, 2018.
- “Opportunities as chances: maximising the
probability that everybody succeeds”, joint with Marco Mariotti, The Economic Journal, vol. 128, 1609-1633, 2018.
- “Globalisation and Inequality in a Dynamic
Economy: An Axiomatic Analysis of Unequal Exchange”, joint with Naoki
Choice and Welfare, vol. 49, 445-468, 2017.
- “One million miles to go: taking the axiomatic
road to defining exploitation”, joint with Naoki
Journal of Economics, vol. 41, 1607-1626, 2017.
- “Liberal Egalitarianism and the Harm Principle”,
joint with Michele Lombardi and Kaname Miyagishima, The
Economic Journal, vol. 126, 2173-2196, 2016. [This
article is reviewed in the LSE
Business Review, here.]
- “Exploitation in economies with heterogeneous
preferences, skills and
assets: An axiomatic approach”, joint with Naoki Yoshihara, The Journal of Theoretical Politics,
vol. 27, 8-33, 2015.
- “On the impossibility of complete
non-interference in Paretian social
judgements”, joint with Marco Mariotti, Journal
of Economic Theory, vol. 148, 1689-1699, 2013.
- “Exploitation, Inequality, and Power”, The
Journal of Theoretical Politics, vol. 25(4), 526-545, 2013.
- “Labor Productivity and the Law of Decreasing
Labor Content”, joint
with Peter Flaschel and Reiner Franke, Cambridge
Journal of Economics, vol. 37, 379-402, 2013.
- “Treading a Fine Line: Characterisations and
Liberal Principles in Infinitely-Lived Societies”, joint with Michele
B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, vol. 12, article 24,
- “Allocating chances of success in finite and
infinite societies: The
Utilitarian criterion”, joint with Marco Mariotti, Journal
of Mathematical Economics,
vol. 48, 226-236, 2012.
- “Non-Interference Implies Equality”, joint with
Marco Mariotti, Social
Choice and Welfare, vol. 32, 123-128, 2009.
- “Exploitation and Time”, Journal
of Economic Theory, vol. 132, 189-207, 2007.
- “What we owe our children, they their
joint with John E. Roemer, Journal of Public Economic Theory,
vol. 6, pp.637-654, 2004.
Complete list of publications
Work in progress